Now that I’ve taken some days off between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, this is a good time to look at and think about this site. Since May I started some things that are still unfinished. Not to mention the things I haven’t even begun with. Just to keep track on all of it, a to-do list would be nice. And in this day and age of blogging: Why not make it public? So there you go.
Find a graphic to go along this post.
- Design an identity for this site.
- Apply new design to MediaWiki skin & document the process for others.
Upgrade Google Sitemaps for MediaWiki to version 0.3
- Expand the site. Give it more direction. Fill in the gaps. Weed out the bad.
Upgrade the software used. Find out if others need upgrading.
- Google Earth Charts…
- Rethink past year & plan the next. (Shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes ;-))
- Get personal (start an ‘about’, give this site a face).
- Write stories instead of blurbing news.
- Social obligations…
- Write about WebDev with Firefox (long due). Tools for fixing your site.
- Rethink/-order categories.
- Find out whether OPML has any use here.
- Evaluate all the statistical stuff
- Do some blog-rolling
* in no particular order.
Add. 2: The current ‘design’ is a quick fix to make a 3-column-scalable layout.
Add. 6: WordPress 2.0 installed, check! Plugins, check!
Add. 11: The Christmas festivities are over, New Year’s Eve left.
Add. 15: Stick with StatCounter/Google Analytics/BBClone/MyBlogLog/… or simplify?
Add. 16: It’s time to give some credit to the sites who link to me or I find interesting.
Add. 17: No ThinkLemon podcasts or vidcasts. Ever. That’s a promise! What about photocasts/phodcasts/piccasts?