In a follow up to my previous post about RSS2WAP I got curious. Is there a Firefox extension available that would enable me to view WAP sites? Well, yes there is!
Although every mobile device will present the content visually different, this is a nice interpretation of what you can expect. Further pro’s in no particular order are:
- Cut development time by serving up pages locally instead of uploading every change to your WAP site.
- Develop in your favorite browser. 😉
- Browse your site using a mouse instead of a quirky phone-keyboard.
- No telco costs.
- No slow connection.
- No need to install a, buggy, third-party WAP-browser.
- Browse *any* WAP-site there is. Ringtone anyone?